Saturday, May 30, 2015

Polka dots drawstring pouch

How to make a reversible pouch

pouch to use during lunch hour

how to make drawstring pouch
I think these fabric choices for my Perfect Size Reversible Lunchtime Pouch are my 2nd favourite. I love how the exterior fabric is also polka dotted but it is so subtle - tiny white dots against a brilliant blue background. Usually I would not overdose on polka dots but the white dots really blend in so I went for a explosive polka dotted lining.

I have bought fabric bags in the past where I notice the lining is usually made of an inferior fabric. I'm just guessing that the person who made the bag thinks the lining isn't visible, so why use a good quality fabric? Well, as someone who makes my own bag, I feel it's worthwhile to use good quality fabric for the lining. The lining takes a lot of abuse.

My lunchtime pouch is designed to be reversible. But I wonder how many people really use it reversed. For me, I decide right from the start which is my exterior so I don't use it reversible. But it's a nice option to have. When I was selling these at craft markets, I would use the reversible option as a selling point, and that usually seals the deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment