Saturday, June 6, 2015

Fear of light coloured fabric - drawstring pouch

This is most likely due to my upbringing. My mother is a frugal woman, possibly due to being a single mother to 9 children when she was in her late 30's. Her choice of fabric is never white if she can help it. White gets dirty easily and costs money to clean. Her motto - if your outfit doesn't look dirty, you can wear it one more day.

When I choose fabric for my bags, I find myself consciously avoiding white fabric even though I won't be the person using the bag. When I was selling at craft markets, I did notice older women tend to shun the light coloured fabric. So it's not just my mother. The younger ladies? They went for what appealed to them.

When I used the red and pink floral on light background fabric, I did wonder if I could sell it. As it turned out, it sold pretty quick.

Make a drawstring pouch

Drawstring pouch

drawstring pouch tutorial

Pattern for drawstring pouch

No comments:

Post a Comment