Tuesday, May 26, 2015

My first drawstring bag pattern

It has been nearly 4 years since I published my first bag pattern - the Perfect Size Reversible Lunchtime Pouch. I have one terrible regret.

drawstring bag tutorial
I used Red Rose Farm fabric for the 4 samples I created for the photo shoot. I was quite meticulous in choosing the outer fabric and the lining. It was a lot of fun for me especially because I love flower fabric.

My regret? I sold 3 of the pouches at a craft market. In those days, I was very active selling at craft markets and the pressure of producing stock must have been great for me to part with these pouches.

Sew a round bottom pouch
My lunchtime pouches have round bottoms and I chose a sturdier fabric. I think I used twill and canvas cotton.

Easy drawstring bag project
I almost forgot how I searched everywhere for different coloured drawstirngs to match the pouches.

This first pattern of mine will always have a place in my heart. I'm just glad I kept the one with the big rose. I will take it to my grave.

No comments:

Post a Comment